Apps & Packages
- Wireshark – Network Packet AnalyzerIn this article we examine Wireshark which is a graphical network packet analyzer. Wireshark is available on many platforms, supports multiple protocols, and can be used to capture live data that can be analyzed offline.
- theHarvester – Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)Here we examine how theHarvester can be used to carry out OSINT (Open Source INTelligence) in order to gather emails, names, subdomains, IP addresses and URLs.
- recon-ng – Web Reconnaissance Framework (part 2)This is this second part of the article on the Web Reconnaissance Framework known as recon-ng. We continue to look at examples of its usage as an intelligence gathering tool.
See more Apps & Packages here.
- USB Pentesting devices & attack tools (part 2)Today we continue to check out some USB-based devices to help with Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking of computers and networks.
- USB Pentesting devices & attack tools (part 1)Today we take a look at some types of USB-based devices available to assist in Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking of computers and networks.
- Wireless Adapters for PentestingMost computers, tablets, cellphones and other portable devices come with some form of built-in Wireless Adapter but Penetration Testing often requires ones with specific features.
See more Devices here.
- Privacy & Security via Tails & Qubes OSStaying safe whilst using a computer is becoming more important by the day. Whether at home, work, or traveling your computer is vulnerable to being compromised. This article looks at 2 operating systems with a primary focus on privacy & security.
- BackBox LinuxToday we examine BackBox Linux which is toted to be fast, easy to use, and provides a minimal yet complete desktop environment. It contains the most popular and best known ethical hack tools.
- Kali Linux for PentestingIn this article we take a look at Kali Linux from Offensive Security. Kali is a Debian-based Linux Distribution containing several hundred tools geared towards Penetration Testing, Security research, Computer Forensics and Reverse Engineering.
See more Operating Systems here.
- Penetration Testing with VirtualBoxIn this article we take a look at the Virtual Machine hypervisor product VirtualBox, which is a useful tool for White Hat Hacking and Pentesting.
- Pentesting with VMwareHow can VMware help with Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking within the realm of Cyber Security?
- Virtual Machines & Cyber SecurityIn the article we look at what a Virtual Machine is, their uses in the context of Cyber Security, the Pros & Cons, and some of the offerings to consider.
See more Virtual Machines here.