Learn how to secure your Linux machines and keep them secured.Smartech Academy, Inc
- Learn about various vulnerabilities and exploits in relation to Linux systems
- Learn about file permissions and security and how to securely modify files
- Explore various ways to authenticate local users while monitoring their activities
- Use various techniques to prevent intruders from accessing sensitive data
- Prevent intruders from planting malware, and detect whether malware has been planted
online, 11 sections, 91 lectures, 6h 19m on-demand video
“The Ultimate Kali Linux Manual and Course”
Whether you’re new to Information Security, or a seasoned security veteran, the Kali Linux Revealed Book and our online training exercises have something to teach you. The saying “You can’t build a great building on a weak foundation” rings true in the information security field as well, and if you use (or want to learn to use) Kali Linux in a professional capacity, you should familiarize yourself as best as you can with the internals of the penetration testing distribution. That is what this Kali Linux Revealed book is all about – turning you into a Kali Linux professional user.Offensive Security
online HTML, downloadable PDF, book on Amazon
This learning path builds your Linux knowledge and skills through 16 courses and 31 hands-on labs. You’ll start with the installation of Linux and basic configuration before moving on to managing packages, networking, system maintenance, troubleshooting and more.
The Linux Cyber Range reinforces your knowledge and builds your confidence as you progress from labs focused on basic commands to learning how to carry out more advanced tasks. Upon completion, you’ll have a foundation of Linux skills that will serve as a baseline throughout your career as you grow your knowledge and experience and move into new cybersecurity roles.InfosecInstitute.com
in-person (boot camp) or online (subscription)
Many of the features for securing Linux are built in to either the Linux kernel or added by the various Linux distributions. This class explores many of these options to secure the systems.
This course is a comprehensive look at the security challenges that can affect almost every system, especially with the seamless connectivity we seek from the Internet.
The class starts with an overview of computer security and touches on how security affects everyone in the chain of development, implementation, administration and the end user.LinuxFoundation.org
online, 50 hours, 12 months access
In this self-paced, online training course, we’ll teach you how students will get hands-on training that will teach them how to configure and manage security on Linux systems. Students will cover everything from basic security controls, user management and security and Linux filesystem and services.
At the end of the course, students will possess a solid understanding of the Red Hat Enterprise, Ubuntu, Fedora and CentOS, earning them a certificate of completion in Linux security.NICCS (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies)
This Kali Linux based ethical hacking course covers beginners to advance level ethical hacking topics.This course will give you a perfect skills to work with production environment. Complete network based ethical hacking skills covered. This course will give you a skills to harden security of IT systems so no one can hack your organization.
This course mainly covers penetration testing frameworks like footprinting target , information gathering , network scanning , enumerating target, vulnerability mapping, social engineering, target exploitation, privilege escalation, maintaining access .
This course designed to give real world penetration testing skills. If you are a new in the field of ethical hacking or penetration testing this course will boost your ethical hacking skills and grow your career in IT field.Udemy.com
online, 8 hours on-demand video
Kali Linux is the pen-testing professional’s main tool, and includes many hundreds of modules for scanning, exploitation, payloads, and post exploitation. In this course you can learn how to use Kali for advanced pen testing, including stealthy testing, privilege escalation, tunneling and exfiltration, and pivoting.
Learn how to use the basic toolset and extend Kali, integrating native exploits into the Metasploitable environment. Find out how to generate and maintain a variety of shells, including Python and C++, and discover how to collect and use credentials. Get an introduction to the online Hack The Box lab where you can practice your pen-testing skills.Lynda.com
online, 2h 22m
This course introduces ethical hackers and penetration testers to Kali Linux. This course will show IT professionals how to use the ethical hacking techniques and how to conduct a professional penetration test workflow using the Swiss Army Knife operating system Kali Linux.NICCS (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies)
In this MOOC, you will learn:
– how to hack web apps with command injection vulnerabilities in a web site of your AWS Linux instance.University of Colorado
– how to search valuable information on a typical Linux systems with LAMP services, and deposit and hide Trojans for future exploitation.
– how to patch these web apps with input validation using regular expression.
– a security design pattern to avoid introducing injection vulnerabilities by input validation and replacing generic system calls with specific function calls.
– how to hack web apps with SQL injection vulnerabilities and retrieve user profile information and passwords.
– how to patch them with input validation and SQL parameter binding.
– the hacking methodology, Nessus tool for scanning vulnerabilities, Kali Linux for penetration testing, and Metasploit Framework for gaining access to vulnerable Windows Systems, deploying keylogger, and perform Remote VNC server injection.
– security in memory systems and virtual memory layout, and understand buffer overflow attacks and their defenses.
– how to clone a Kali instance with AWS P2 GPU support and perform hashcat password cracking using dictionary attacks and known pattern mask attacks.
Learn the basics of ethical hacking, penetration testing, web testing and wifi hacking in kali linux!
- Step by step instructions for insulation VirtualBox and creating your virtual environment on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- An introduction to attacking networks and breaking passwords.
- Tips for remaining anonymous in hacking and penetration testing activities.
- A clear understanding of what ethical hacking and penetration testing is.
online, 4 hr 12 min on-demand video
Followed any Linux courses that you found beneficial to your Penetration Testing career or as a Systems Administrator to secure your Linux servers? If so please comment below and share which ones with our readers.